By raise of hand, who is trying to get in shape for the summer?
Oh wait, I forget that I am like Helen Keller on this thing...
Let's just assume that you are, shall we? I mean, I know that winter to me is like a huge excuse to pretty much eat as much as possible and sometimes as quickly as possible.. I'm not proud of that, but that's the truth. Then spring creeps up out of nowhere, which sends my sinuses into a hissy because of my horrendous allergies, and I suddenly remember that it's probably not a good idea to eat mixed Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for breakfast... After I realize that winter has made me pre-diabetic, I am ready to shake it off and conquer the world, one sit-up at a time...
In order for me to do this, I need fun and really upbeat music so, I thought I would share my spring into action playlist just in case you need a little motivation...
Warning: I emphasize the word "really" because if you have been keeping up with my other music suggestions, this playlist might be... well... shocking. For some reason, I like to run/walk/workout to inappropriate music.. I know this is bad, but it's what makes me dynamic and edgy and in the end, this is probably why we are friends because you except my wide range of musical taste... and just because I know every single word to Get Ur Freak On does not make me a bad person, it just makes me really fun at any karaoke party... So, keep in mind that when you are searching for these songs, you will probably want to search the "clean" versions... my apologies.
Sail - AWOLNATION
My Body - Young the Giant
Control (Gigi Barocco Radio Edit) - Benny Benassi
I Don't Wanna Care Right Now- Lupe Fiasco
Gossip Folks - Missy Elliott (you will need to clean this one up..)
Up All Night - Alex Clare
Something to Die for - The Sounds
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Someday's Gone - The All American Rejects
Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Punching a Dream - The Naked and Famous
Fast Lane - Bad Meets Evil
Bangarang - Skrillex
White Flag - Dave Barnes
On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
And if you need to cool down after these intense songs, I got ya covered...
Run Away With Me - Tyrone Wells
Heavy and the Slow - Andy Grammer
Dark Days - Punch Brothers
Just a Game - Birdy
Save Me - Nicki Minaj
I warned you, but I am also warning you that your exercise routine just might dig this new music. So, if you want to be like me, put down the sugar cereal mix, grab your inhaler and your iPod loaded with this new music and go for a jog. You can judge me later..
1 comment:
Your music taste is pretty much my guilty pleasure. I love that I even know half the songs on your list and furthermore already own some and love to rock out to them on my way home from work! Mostly - I love that you started this post with a Helen Keller joke!
Post a Comment