
Where to begin? Every season I say to myself, "I am NOT going to watch American Idol this season..." yeah right... Of course I am watching, but this time I really wished I would have listened to myself. This season has been painful.
This week on American Idol we got a glimpse of each contestant’s childhood, YAY! (sarcasm) Considering that the majority of the contestants are small fetuses, they could remember A LOT of their childhood. What did we learn? All the contestants were born to be famous. Shocker. Well, sorry Karyn, I guess you were born to be voted off by America. Don't take it personally. But seriously, you have to feel bad for the people who get voted off early. Now what? Karyn pleaded with the judges and said, "I know you believe in me..." well they had the choice of saving you from elimination and they didn't... awkward. BUT don't give up, gUrl! (We will never see you again.)
Other things we learned on American Idol this week:
Shih Tzu (a type of dog) was bleeped out with the handy dandy American Idol mouth blocker. Apparently, that breed of dog is offensive to the general public. I happen to think that they are cute.
The judges love Jacob, the flamboyant black man who sings "I Believe I Can Fly." Possibly the worst song ever. What does this say about the judges?
Lauryn has a better voice when she is sick.. is this a compliment?
Casey looks like a Leprechaun. Thank goodness it was St. Pattys Day.
All of the Idols are expressionless which leads me to believe that they know this season is one big joke. They are all hiding something... I can feel it!
Lee Dewyze (last season's American Idol) really did make a CD. Really. Could have fooled me.
Apparently people like Naima because she is still on the show.
No one should sing Colors of the Wind except for Pocahontas.
The Black Eyed Peas dedicate inappropriate songs about "Imma be lovin' you long time" to nations in complete disaster. NOT ok.
And finally we learned from Randy about Randy that he is famous and has worked with famous people. We get it. Your famous because you are on American Idol, don't kid yourself.
UNTIL NEXT WEEK!! (Sing that in any key you'd like.)
PS I don't think I spelled any of their names right and I don't care.
8 comments:
OH. MY. GOODNESS. I cannot stop laughing!!!!! PS- I LOVE that you are blogging more. :) Makes for one happy Audrey.
Steven! You crack me up! I kind of want to record myself singing in any key I choose...
none of this makes sense to me.
i think i'll pass on american idol and wait for greys anatomy the musical. sounds hot.
HAHAHA! Oh this is the best post on American Idol that I've seen in a long time. I didn't watch it this season. Or last season for that matter. Truth be told I've only actually seen two seasons..... One of which I actually enjoyed but only at the very end.
This post has made me VERY glad that I don't watch anymore. THANK YOU!
I'm with Sharifa on this one! So glad I listened to my inner voice and didn't start watching the season. Once I start, I can't stop... and clearly I have saved myself some pain. That being said, you are more than welcome to post about it anytime. This is the way I like to follow American Idol!!
I am so glad that I listened to myself. They play clips of them on the radio and I think...really people think these kids are good. Good for what? Good for being the CD that collects dust at Best Buy.
P.S. The guy in the pic of Romeo and Juliet was on So You Think You Can Dance...good eye!
After watching this week's episode with you (say "voice coach") I can now see your frustration with this season. But it made for an enjoyable show to watch you watch it! I'm up for that any day.
P.S. I was thinking of doing my eye makeup like J.Lo tomorrow. What do you think?
I just caught up on your blog (wow, you've been blogging a lot lately and I love it) and I think we might be twins separated at birth. I agree with all of your American Idol feelings and I have the same DVR fastforward habits. I am very impressed with your crossfit training. I wouldn't make it through the first pull-up! Your commitment to change for the better is inspiring.
Post a Comment