Saturday, July 30, 2011

EFY Demo

Sometimes an opportunity arises and you just have to seize it! 

My obsession with music goes beyond my 2,000 downloaded songs on iTunes (it could be more, don't judge me...), in fact, it is safe to say that since I was a kid and learning piano and then later in life learning and teaching the guitar, music and I have had the longest relationship I have ever been in... Lately, our relationship has been a little rocky, mainly because my realistic side tells me that I can't have the best of both worlds. (Did you just start singing Hannah Montana? Oh, me neither...) My realistic side has always told me that music will never pay the bills or it will never keep me busy enough to keep me happy, but sometimes I get the chance to fulfill that dreamer side.. that side that allows me to let go and bare my soul through music.

Well, this week a friend of mine, Audrey Bandley, invited me to sing a song that she arranged and wrote for an EFY submission. EFY stands for "Especially For Youth" and has been a launching pad for a lot of LDS songwriters/artists. Audrey has a natural talent and only after a year has already landed her single "The One" on the 2011 EFY CD. This is a huge feat and nearly unheard of! Most people submit to EFY until their face is blue and still never get on the CD. So, of course, I leaped, jumped and dived at the opportunity to work with her. Despite my nerves, we recorded a demo of Where Can I Turn for Peace?  

I don't really know what will happen with this demo, but it was a great opportunity to get in the studio and to work with Audrey. Some people are just destined to help people through song and I believe Audrey is one of these people. Check out her website that has some of her music to listen to on the homepage. 

In the meantime, sit back, relax and let me know what you think of the demo.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

PERFECTION. Gorgeous. Love, love, love it.

Bethany said...

You already know how I feel about this, so I'm just dropping by to say hi.

Hi.

Dustin and Brynna said...

Steve, you are so amazing!! Me and the kids just listened to it while eating lunch, and Camden stopped eating and closed his eyes. I asked what he was doing and he said, "This music makes me sleep."

You are not boring, it was just really funny! Love ya tons and think you are the best singer ever!!

Desiree said...

I love, LOVE your voice. Love the arrangement. LOVE. Great work. You guys make an amazing team! We still need to hang out, ps. just sayin'

Valerie said...

Mr. Lamb you are absolutely incredible.