Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adele, My Bell

I am not much of a concert goer, but lately there has been some actual good talent that has pulled me out of my concert funk. Starting with Matt Wertz and Ben Rector and now I went to the Grammy winning artist, Adele. I believe after this concert I will again go back into my concert funk... I thought she was awesome, don't get me wrong, but the people that were at this concert made me feel like I was in the village of the damned. I felt so uncomfortable, then I remembered why I hate going to concerts... here is my list:



1. I believe concerts are an alcoholics place of refuge. I thought we made bars for that... do we really need to be drinking for EVERY occasion? 
2. I realize I live in a bubble, but apparently, all female artists bring out only females and their reluctant boyfriends and the gays and the lesbians. Hence the uncomfortable-ness... since I am none of the above. 
3. The whole dancing and singing thing... Refer to my Matt Wertz post..
4. I love to people watch, but I don't like it when people are watching me... 3 feet away.. and drunk. 
5. How long are you suppose to keep your phone light in the air? 
6. Just because it is dark and their is loud music being played, doesn't mean you can make-out two inches in front of me. 
7. Do you really need to record the entire concert? 
8. I know I'm short, but I swear an NBA player stands in front of me every concert.
9. Can we agree to just sit sometimes?
10. I always forget my glasses... that's my fault.

So, while I love it when people have natural and awesome talent like Adele, I think I will stick to just listening to them on my daily commute to work..

3 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Great idea my friend, come to a concert with me so we can mock said list together. Okay? Perfect.

Shiv said...

I love your list of reasons to avoid concerts :)

Adele was an awesome concert - so glad we got to see her live. She is super funny - and so British...

Mostly I just love the music you love! Thanks for being my iTunes!!

Katherine said...

I feel the same way! I would totally rather jam out in my car.