Friday, September 2, 2011

Great Expectations

There once was a kid.
This kid told a tiny fib.
A fib to another kid, to simply keep up.
To keep up to a pup who had great expectations.
(Are you following me?)

These great expectations conjured up speculation
and even a little mild flirtation.
A flirtation and speculation that was never meant to increase this expectation.
More expectation lead to frustration and complication.
(Raise your hand if you are lost...)

Why must we have such great expectations?
I expect an explanation....
Can't we have just a little flirtation without defining a relation?
I am drowning in great expectations...
(That was a little more straight forward, did you get it?)

There once was a kid.
A kid who has learned not to fib.
(This is the moral of my poem/rhyme aka take home message)

Isn't it annoying when you read something and you understand nothing about what you read?
I know how you feel, but this one is up for interpretation. What does it mean to you? Ready... go!

PS Catchy post title... they should make a book about it...

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Is it possible to anonymously leave a comment and say I'm sorry for unknowingly raising expectations if this is what I think it's referring to? I'm not a poet or I'd leave a comment in some cool poetic way. If this isn't in reference to "that" then what is it in reference to and I wish I could figure out that brain of yours. :)

Shayla said...

I hope it means you have a girlfriend!

Katherine said...

I know, I know, this means you are going to become a poet!

Lamb said...

All of you are right! Well, except for you Shayla... sorry to disappoint.

kk said...

I was actually thinking today that sometimes we blame high expectations for our own feelings of inadequacy, or we use other's lowered expectations as a crutch for our own failings. The bottom line is...high expectations often lead to high accomplishments. Whereas, low expectations often lead to nothing.

Bethany said...

Well said, kk. I agree 100 percent. Great post, steve.

Lamb said...

Kay you are always right and smart... I think I had to read that comment 4 times before it sank in. You are pretty amazing.