The music-mill has been churning out some awesome music this year and it isn't even over yet! Let me keep you up to date on the less known artists that I love and then go and get yourself this music! Don't make me tell you twice...
Some of this might be a review...
Click on their pictures to go to their sites and click on my favorites to listen to a little clip or two.. maybe.
YOUNG THE GIANT
FAVORITES: My Body & I Got
This rock band has got it going on. I saw them perform on the VMA's and I immediately had to download their stuff. If you are looking for something to workout to, I suggest, My Body, their song not my actual body...
BEN RECTOR
FAVORITES: After All & Moving Backwards
Ben Rectors' music could be the soundtrack of my life. I know you have heard me talk about him before and well, here I am talking about him again. He is awesome live and he is coming out with a new album drops on September 13 (iTunes Tuesday!) and I would shank a small child to get it earlier... that is how much I love this guy.
ANDY GRAMMER
FAVORITES: Slow & Keep Your Head Up
I discovered Andy this year and on a whim, I downloaded the entire CD, which is kind of unheard of for me. But guess what, I love every song. He is the perfect combination of groovy pop that I am really digging right now. Give him a listen and you will definitely be stuck on repeat on some of his songs instantly!
NATHAN ANGELO
FAVORITES: Hurt & Born To Love You
I have followed Nathan for a while, but I was a casual follower (not to be confused with worship) until his new CD dropped. Every song is like candy. The whole CD is upbeat and fun. The title alone of Follow Your Heart is enough for everyone to go and buy this album... it's what my heart wanted, yours will, too.
JON MCLAUGHLIN
FAVORITES: Already In & Things That You Say
Oh boy. Jon is coming out with a CD TODAY and I already have it! September 6th, the album drops and I could not be more excited! Listening to the clips of the songs I can tell I am going to love every second of it. His voice is like creamy peanut butter and his lyrics cut straight to the soul...
GABE DIXON
FAVORITES: The World Turned & Even the Rain
I know you have also heard me talk about this guy, but I finally had a chance to listen to his new CD and wow... He didn't disappoint. Even The Rain is one of my favorites on the new album and his lyrics just blow me away every time! Not to mention his mad piano skills make me want to throw up and then start playing the piano again. So. Freaking. Good.
JAMES MORRISON
FAVORITES: Undiscovered & If You Don't Wanna Love Me
James is back with his raspy, but in tune soulful voice! His Cd has yet to drop in the US and I am not sure when it will, but everyone should be on the look out. This guy is awesome.
MATT NATHANSON
FAVORITES: Bottom of the Sea & Drop To Hold You
Where did this CD come from? Oh, that's' right, straight from Heaven. He is another lyrical master and guitarist to boot! He is coming to Salt Lake in October. After my recent scare of concerts, I may have to miss it, but he just is so good... what a dilemma.
MATT WERTZ
FAVORITES: Red Meets Blue & Sing Your Lonesome Away
What can I say? I want this guys life. Literally, I want to kill him and then become him because his talent was sent straight from Jesus. Ok.. that was a little hasty, but do you understand how great this guy is? Good. Now go buy his album.
MAT KEARNEY
FAVORITES: Sooner or Later & Hey Mama
Mat, Mat, Mat... this CD was like it was injected with a full 60cc syringe of joy, passion and delight! I couldn't help, but love every song on the CD. I have officially become a Mat Kearney junkie and I am so happy he found an upbeat side to him though I love his more mellow stuff, too.
JEREMY LISTER
FAVORITES: The Bed You Made & Killing You
I don't even know how I found this guy.. ok, I do, it's called I should be doing anything, but looking stuff up on iTunes... I can't help it! Anyway, he is awesome. His seemingly easy-going melodies are covered with amazing lyrics that make you think. And it helps that his voice could soothe any weary soul.











5 comments:
I am completely inadequate in the music knowledge department. I am familiar with like 2 people on this list. I will have to check these fellows out. My most recent music story will have to the new Jason Derulo "It girl". I know...some sort of pathetic.
I think I need you to become my "music coolness tutor". Are you up for the job? I'd hire you! I need some training to figure out what is cool. Thanks for posting stuff like this, it gives me new music to try out.
Laura - My next music post will be dedicated to you, maybe I will stay with more pop stuff that you can train with since you are a super athlete:)
Tarika - I don't even know what that song is.. but I do have A LOT of pop stuff including Jason Derulo!
These all make me very happy... it's nice having the same taste in music as you, well except for a few songs. ;)
I may need you to make me a new CD celebrating all this music goodness!! And maybe a Selena Gomez song or two could be included...
Post a Comment