The year was 2010 and sometime in September. I had never been to the state fair in all my life, but that was about to change. I'll be real with you, all I really wanted to do was have five servings of funnel cake, watch the stupid tigers and maybe have a corndog or three, but the state fair had something else in store for me that changed my life forever... (Not really, I rarely think about it, but writing this post has made me relive the horror..)
First I learned that there are 3 C's to Kite Safety.. I am such an idiot! I always thought there were 4..
I learned that the creepier the exhibit, the more likely to recieve a blue ribbon.
![]() |
| Could you imagine these all over your room? Those eyes staring at you... I hate it. |
I also learned that all the evidence I have of me at the state fair were in these cardboard cutout things like this...
![]() |
| happy carrots! |
And apparently I got really sad about this...
![]() |
| Sad apples.. |
Then if doll-face pillows weren't scary enough, we went where no one wanted to go... the tent of crazy crap. (I'm not sure if that was the correct name of the tent..)
The images you are about to see are disturbing.. brace yourself. If I saw this crap, you have to see it, too..
I will start easy with the freakish starfish. Not impressed?
Well take a look at this! It's REAL!
It's STRANGE!
And Holy Moly, indeed! (You don't want to know what's in the jars..)
Just be thankful I was too scared to take any pictures of Tracy Tripod and the Chupacabra...
Fear and disgust brought us together that night and we couldn't wipe these looks off our faces..
After the nightmare was over we decided to go back to the original plan of eating, ending our visit to the state fair on a happy note. The state fair taught me a valuable lesson that day, that the state fair isn't that great, though I would go again to have funnel cake and a corndog in a heartbeat..










5 comments:
Oh goodness! At least we had the delicious food to distract us from the terrors/horrors/nightmares of the, how did you put it?, tent of crazy crap!! Oh, the memories... thanks for sharing and bringing it all back to mind. Good thing I'll have quick wits to distract me tonight so I may be able to sleep... if I'm lucky and don't think of this again...
I can't believe you'd gone your whole life without going to the state fair! That was a staple of my childhood. And we had to enter some creation in at least one of the exhibits every year. I'm pretty sure that they were just as creepy as the doll-faced pillows. Thanks for sharing that experience!
How have I not seen this until now??? I love/hate this post. Love that you wrote it... hate that we went in that creepy tent. I also hate that I couldn't find cotton candy that was NOT in a bag! Ugh.
I just wanted you to know that this post made me pee a little. I love you!
This is THE funniest post! I hate the state fair. So let's get a group together and go and make fun! Oh and I have GOT to find one of those creepy doll face quilt thingies. When is your birthday? LOL
Post a Comment