Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Had Goals this Year?

Oh yeah.. I did.

Without knowing it, I feel like I have done a pretty good job at my one and only goal this year, to Simplify.

I based my goal off of this quote by Albert Einstein,
"Out of clutter find simplicity, from discord find harmony, [and] in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

 I have learned that it takes very little to make me happy (unless we are talking about my salary, then it takes a lot to make me happy...). Thinking about this year, the best moments were simple, moments spent with good food and good company. That is all I need to be happy, well that and my weekly dose of Kneaders, my reality tv, my DVR that records all my reality tv, my itunes, my guitar, putting vanilla in my Diet Mountain Dew, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and Amazon, but other than that it takes very little for me to be happy... what?

I think, if anything, I have learned that simplicity doesn't come from having less (again, unless we are talking about facebook friends because getting rid of some of those sure did simplify my life... Don't pretend like you don't know what I am talking about...), it comes from taking time to enjoy the small stuff, stopping to be so critical of others and ourselves, and just doing what we love with the people we love. Easier said than done, but I think I really hit the iceberg this year, without knowing it. (Was that a Titanic reference?)

A continuous goal that I set for myself is to be myself in all situations. I think for those of you who know me, know that I'm dumb most of the time, that I have a bedtime at 9PM and that I am willing to break that bedtime if sugar is present. You will also know that I am slightly OCD.... ok, I'm kinda crazy, but really I feel like this has made me less crazy this year. I attempted to be more spontaneous and blah, it didn't work out.. I just ended up being stressed out...It's not who I am. I need things planned at least a couple hours (preferably days) before and then magically my life becomes manageable. More simple. That's just who I am.

I think I found a "happy place" or harmony in relationships and unfortunately that came with letting go of some relationships to find that harmony this year. Most of all I have found opportunities in my hardships. Not all of them. Not even most of them, but enough opportunities and blessings to keep this old heart beating. (That was not meant to sound like I was going to kill myself, I just meant to keep on feeling.. like real human emotion.. Did I clear that up? Do not put me on suicide watch..)

Each year I learn to be a little more grateful and I am grateful for you. That's right, you! Thank you for buying my CD! Every copy has been sold. If you didn't get one and you really wanted one, first of all, I apologize and second of all, consider this post a waiting list of sorts. Comment here if you want one or need additional copies and I will notify you if and when I order more. Thanks again, and thank you for being part of my first Christmas miracle..

My Christmas Tree this year.


3 comments:

The Days of JoDee's life said...

Me Me Me!!! I'm adding your blog to my list too by the way... I've been awful and haven't followed diligently. But now I will! :) Love your face and I miss you tons!

Shiv said...

I'm totally with you on the whole simplicity thing... I am very easy to please - as long as I have - in no particular order - food, family, friends, faith, and some festivities.

Sounds like you've had a good, productive, and personally educational year. Congrats!

And a huge congrats on your CD! One day when you are famous I am gonna be able to say that I knew you way back when :)

Gregory said...

I started reading blogs again and I started with YOURS! I was NOT disappointed. You are amazing and I love you. That's right, man love. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being talented and refreshing. Thank you for thinking I am much greater than I really am. Thank you for being my best friend.
Happy 2011 end and 2012 beginning!