Recently, I discovered that I have a new addiction.
I am addicted to Amazon.com Lightning Deals... and not for the reason that you might think.
It isn't the good deals. It isn't the the items that are being sold. It is the mystery and anticipation of it all! They show you a little golden box and then they have some clever riddle underneath it to intrigue you, but they are careful not to disclose what the lightning deal item will be.
My heart rate is already going up just thinking about it...
Then, the worst part is the little timer underneath the riddle that tells you how long you have before insanity ensues... counting down the seconds until the item is revealed and every time I am surprised.. Clearly, I'm not awesome at riddles..and when I say riddles they are like "This is a must have for fun in the sun this summer" or something. The wheels start turning and you start thinking to yourself, "I need this item! I want fun in the sun this summer!" So, I set my timer on my phone (I know... but it's smart! You are probably thinking right now that you should have done the same thing...) to alarm me in 4 hours so, I won't miss this "must have item." Those last seconds are an adrenaline rush... 10... 9... 8... You better have your cursor on the add to cart button... 7...6...5...4... 3...2...1... and refresh! Suddenly, with palms sweating from anticipation, there is clicking, screaming, and maybe some crying if you weren't fast enough, and you have a dolphin floaty in your cart... Now you have exactly 16 seconds to decide whether you want the dolphin floaty (truly a must have item for summer) or not. Again, you watch the seconds tick down and are faced with the decision... check out or not, CHECK OUT OR NOT!! Finally, you hit check out and since I am a Prime member I get a dolphin floaty for a $1.99 on my doorstep in two days..
On to setting up my phone timer for the next golden box in 3 hours that promises me the world and more in the palm of my hand...
Addicted.
There is another countdown that I am addicted to.
The countdown to my CD being available for all of you to listen to on December 6th!! Oh the mystery and anticipation!! 5 days remaining and I am hoping that at the end of the countdown, my CD will be much more satisfying than a dolphin floaty.. If I have your name on my list then you are guaranteed a CD on (or around) the 6th of December. If not, you may have to wait until another shipment arrives... If you haven't done so already, go ahead and buy your copy with the paypal button on the right, that way I can ship it out to you and you will get it by the 6th. Don't worry, I won't do what Amazon does with the lightning deals, but you still might want to set your phone timer...
PS I didn't actually order a dolpin floaty... it was a lobster.
2 comments:
That lobster is definitely a great find!
I love your CD! Thanks for getting it to me before 06 Dec! We should have given Jon McLaughlin a copy for sure!
Post a Comment