Anyway, I have been recording and I am actually REALLY pumped to share this with you! This is just a teaser of one of the songs I wrote... No vocals yet, but some guitar work that makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile, too. Sunny Weather. What do you think?
Friday, October 7, 2011
Dirty Little Secret
Did you know that I play the guitar? That I actually taught guitar for about 2 years (I guess I still have one student so, technically I am still teaching...)? Well, I do. Did you also know that I write music? Well, I do/try.. Sometimes I get a little insecure about who I am musically... Maybe it's because I never have really been seen as a "musical person." I was never in the musicals in high school nor did I make the elite choir in high school and yada yada yada... Thankfully, my guitar guru/teacher continually tries to convince me otherwise... Cue the CD that has been in the works for years... well, it is finally happening... I think I am going to call it The Open Book because I have written 5 songs that have come straight from the heart, like someone sliced opened my chest and wrote the words with my inferior vena cava.. (graphic?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I better still be on the list for one of these CD's!! I am so excited for you to be realizing your dreams and sharing your amazing talents! Love love love this!
I really love that song. I remember seeing the recording of you performing it - it is so beautiful. Can't wait for the whole cd!
Not a musical person? Riiiiiiiight. You're such a bum, you are so talented it hurts! I can't wait to hear your songs!
Can we do a duet???? LOL! I can NOT wait to get my hands on your CD.
Love, love, love it.
You are A-Mazing.
Can't wait for the CD!
Yay Steve!!! Now I (hopefully) won't get into trouble for sharing your songs! I'm super excited for your CD. You have a great talent. Not being involved in certain areas in high school is no indicator of talent or lack of. You have wonderful musicality. This is a huge step for you and it's fantastic!
Amazing! Can't wait to hear the CD!
I wish I could play the guitar as well as you can Steven. I think it's awesome and I love hearing you sing or play.
Steven, I can't believe you are so shy about your ability! You really are fantastic! I love to hear you sing and play all your instruments, piano, guitar, banjo...Will you please share it more often?! I have been waiting for you to finish your CD for years! Just Do It!
Post a Comment