I have to thank my DVR for allowing me to endure extended season finale's of my reality tv shows. If it wasn't for him (I guess my DVR is male in gender because it lacks the complexity of the female gender) I wouldn't have made it through the painful performances, pep-talks, product placements, and the dramatic pauses that seem to get longer each season... So, thank you for allowing me to reduce long hours of television by pressing that magic "forward" button.
I have to say that I was generally pleased with the outcomes of all my shows, well maybe "pleased" isn't the right word, but you get what I am saying...
SPOILER ALERT:
If you haven't watched all the finale's yet and you are going to watch them, then I would stop reading right..... NOW.
SPOILER ALERT:
If you haven't watched all the finale's yet and you are going to watch them, then I would stop reading right..... NOW.
AND the winners are....
Boston Rob - Survivor: Redemption Island
What a twisted moral this show has... I was thinking about it and the winner is the person who stabbed the most people in the back with a smile on their face.. So, congrats take your money and eat something, you are disgusting.
Kisha & Jen - The Amazing Race
I was a little upset that these giants won because I tend to root for the underdog and well, these girls could snap you like a twig. I am glad this show is over... It gives me way too much anxiety..
John Rich - The Celebrity Apprentice
Congrats. I decided I didn't really care who won. I'm over it.
Olivia Ward - The Biggest Loser
This finale completed my soul, well not quite, but I was very happy to see Olivia, the opera singer, win it!
Random notes about the finale:
- I have decided that the live Alison Sweeny is even more annoying than the recorded Alison Sweeny.
- Even though I don't love Jillian, they should have given her a proper goodbye with like a movie montage or something or at least shown that one time she made one the contestants carry her and run at the same time all while having Jillian inches from their face, yelling at the top of her lungs. I would have been happy with that...
- Bob looks like he has a comb-over.
- Dan and Don, the identical twins, looked good though I am not a fan of identical twins. Sometimes I think they are from the devil.
- Irene was the only one in the top three that knew how to properly dress that new skinny body. Just because you are skinny doesn't mean you have to wear things 10X's too small...
- The pink team is from Bountiful and she won the at-home challenge! Way to represent, but you looked sickly. I think for the past three seasons an old person has won the at-home prize and they don't really look that good. I think this is cheating.
- The new trainer is Anna Kournikova... I have no thoughts on that. Mark my words, if Kara is in it next season, I'm writing a letter.
Scotty McCreery - American Idol
Aaaaaand I was right...... Scotty won! Who cares about him though. Did you see all of the celebrities at this shindig!? Bono, Carrie Underwood, Beyonce twice, Tim Mcgraw, Lil John and the list goes on... Everytime I was like, whaaaaat! And then when Tom Jones came out, I was like, whaaat the whaat!!? Seriously, when he started singing, it's not unusual to be loved... you better believe something that resembled dance happened with my arms swaying and fingers snapping. And then Lady Gaga fell off a cliff and died with So You Think You Can Dance Marc and I think my heart literally exploded.. I mean I really don't know if Lady Gaga is dead, but she did fall off a very large cliff... Maybe someone should check on that. Then, Marc Anthony and JLo pretty much made another baby on stage and to top off the night Toni Bennett sang a little something with Haley.
Some of our "favorites" came back like Jacob and Naima and Jacob had more sass than the whole women's side put together! I'm pretty sure he did a high kick somewhere in middle when he was singing with Gladys Knight. Needless to say, this finale freaked my freak! I wonder how ALL the other contestants that have ever been on American Idol feel when they hear Ryan say, "This was the best season with the best talent, EVER!" I'm pretty sure if I was David Cook, I would punch him right in the mouth!
So, there you have it people! The addiction can finally be extinguished! I guess its easy when the shows all end, right? I have limited myself this summer to Master Chef and So You Think You Can Dance. You all should be proud of me..





5 comments:
I'm worn out just from reading that. And let the record show that I don't hate identical twins, just those specific ones. I was ticked when dan was in the lead for however longed and would have been so mad if he won the at home prize. Blah.
Ps. Why didn't you blog about oprah??? Heeeelllllooooooo?!?!?!?!?
Ha ha ha ha this post just made my day. Although you can extinguish the addiction, So You Think You Can Dance Dance Dance started last night!!
Don't worry Beth. I have a whole post dedicated to Oprah. Just you wait!
I missed SYTYCD last night...I was not prepared for the beginning of a new show, when there were still shows ending this week.
What the what?! is my new favorite saying! I will try not to steal it, as it is very clearly your catchphrase, but just know that I love it!
I want to see you re-enact the Tom Jones-arm swaying-finger snapping move! For real!! (although I think I have a pretty clear picture in my head!)
Thanks for the awesome run-down of finales. I'm pretty sure you could be an editorial writer and do weekly critiques for these shows!
Post a Comment