I think I have finally realized what is missing this season on American Idol. They all can sing, but I think I finally miss Simon. Don't get me wrong, I think JLo has got it going on, but they are all just a little too nice this season and therefore, none of the contestants have pushed themselves. I miss the harsh comments that made the contestants cry and I wish that Randy would seriously just stop talking all together. I think he name dropped at LEAST 5 times just this week. He needs to hush up, that's what he needs to do.
I started watching American Idol when our hometown hero, David Archie, was on and that kid could sing, but most of all he and Adam Lambert could take a song and really make it different and unique. This season has been anything, but unique. Haley, despite her having zero emotion about the entire competition, was really the only unique one in the bunch with her scratchy voice and all, but alas we said goodbye to her. At least she gave us one big fall before her exit... (I felt bad for her!) Oh and last week, James, the turrets guy, got the boot, but everyone saw that coming so, I didn't feel the need to write about it...
With Haley and James gone that leaves us with the final two, Scotty and Lauren, the two country singers. I am a fan of country so, I am excited for them both, but I still think Scotty is going to win it.
What we learned on American Idol this week:
- Apparently it is REALLY easy to get a day or street named after you since the top three went home and had one of these things named after them.... Why? They are singers NOT presidents.
- Haley needs to watch the top step because it is a dewsy when you are running in high heels..
- One of the Pussycat Dolls has a new song out and I am not sure if she knows English or not because she says "Me like" in it about 20 times... There is a role model for our children...
- Most random, Spanish singing, group performance goes toooooo Il Volo!! (they DO have really good voices though, just a really weird vibe coming from them...)
- Steven Tyler has officially said absolutely nothing of worth the entire season.
- Beyonce's music video was a little scary...
We are also down to the final two (well three, but these two are for sure in the finale) on The Biggest Loser and they are inspiring. Just look at the before and after of Hannah and Olivia (The purple girls).
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
These two girls are sisters and have been so optimistic that it is almost contagious. I have a lot of issues with The Biggest Loser like, I hate the new trainers, I hate that they have to dress in spandex from the beginning and the guys always have to take their shirts off to weigh in in front of thousands of people, when they probably were hesitant to even take their shirt off in front their own spouse. I hate that the only thing that they are going to know how to cook with when they get home is Jenny-O turkey and the list goes on. With all of that said, I have to support the fact that they are promoting healthy living. Look at these girls! They are completely different people! They are going to be so powerful in their communities because they haven't lived in the "beautiful bubble" all their lives. I am very excited to see them at the finale.
On Celebrity Apprentice, we are down to Marlee Matlin and John Rich. I don't know who will win, but Donald Trump is the only person that can make his finale, a two-part finale, 3 hours LONG EACH!! Someone needs to teach Trump how to edit, but thank goodness he is not running for president because that means The Apprentice will continue on next season... Phew! I knew you were worried...




2 comments:
Your reality TV is out of control! Just kidding. I dont' watch Idol...haven't for years and years. So thanks for keeping me in the know. I can't watch Biggest Loser, makes me cry too much. But I love the Apprentice. I especially loved when Nene was on the show still, but I think that John Rich is going to win, so Trump could have eliminated making these season finales longer than the Titanic. Sorry for the long novel!
i want you to know i clicked on every link you had in this post. holy crap, i hadn't seen beyonces video...and although it was a little, well, crazy, i hope the message got through to you. joke.
i have NOT been watching american idol, but you know i'm counting down the hours for bl finale. we may have to talk about this is more detail.
hope you had fun in pc!
Post a Comment