Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dear Oprah,

I didn't watch your last show or hardly any of your shows for that matter.

Maybe it had something to do with the last and pretty much only episode I have ever watched had to do with married men cheating on their wives with other men and then giving their unknowing wives AIDS.
I just threw up.
Seriously.
It's everywhere.
Really. Uplifting. Oprah.

Or maybe it had something to do with your book club for smart, depressed, and suppressed black women. Did you ever think that people just want to move on and  forget the whole racial thing? Aren't we above that now? We do have a black president, ya know. I don't need to read a book that ends with a big black girl finding out that she got AIDS from her father.
Once again,
Really. Uplifting. Oprah.

Or maybe I am just bitter that you chose to fly everyone, but me to Australia and give them thousands of dollars worth of amazing things. The joke is on them though, right? Isn't that the way that you steal people's souls? Good one Oprah.

I do have to say that you have made a differenc in the world. I mean, that school for African girls that you started in the middle of Africa probably changed a lot of lives. It also made them a huge target for robberies, sex offenders and bomb threats, but that is beside the point YOU, Oprah, are giving those girls an education and an opportunity to leave their own country of poverty and war and help our growing and self-suficient one.
Thanks. Oprah.

I would also like to say thank you from everyone for giving us hilarious parodies of your power from SNL and Conan. My heart really did crap its pants everytime an "Oprah's Favorite Things" aired and you and Gale (or whatever) would take amazing trips and show them to us common folk. Remember that time you said your "Va jay jay's a painin'?" Well I do and I was traumatized.
Thanks. Oprah.

So, I don't know exactly why I didn't support your "finale", but I am sure you will stay busy with your new network and everything. Afterall, you don't want to become one of those women who stays at home all day and watches daytime tv, right? 

Your Biggest Fan,
Lamb

4 comments:

Shiv said...

I do have to admit that the parodies are hilarious! In fact, they may be my favorite part of the whole end-of-the-Oprah-show era :)

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

I'll have to check out some of her parodies. I hate Oprah. I used to like her but she obviously only wants black people to succeed in life. This SAHM never watches day time TV. It's lame! I hate it. I think it's all the "Jazzy" commercials. When do you think Oprah's head will explode from all of her pride, racism, va jay jay problems, Gale adventures, etc? She's the most stuck up person in the world and I honestly don't get why people love her so much. I feel a post coming on my blog!!

Tarika said...

Steve, you are one of my most favorite people on this earth. I also did not support Oprah's end of era BS. She isn't gone, she is on a different channel. People like that never seem to go away. I choose to support Ellen though...I mean I believe that she is the only TV show host that could catch Mr. David Beckham in his under roos and show it on TV.

Mom and Dad Lamb said...

Well Put. Nothing like a little honesty. Everyone was thinking it and you just put it into words for us. However, being in Ghana, I did not know that her show had a "finale" and I do not know what a parodies or SNL and Conan are. Please explain