I've decided why it has been so long since I have been to a concert.. I am not exactly sure how to act at a concert. Do you sway with the music? Do you dance like no one is watching? Or do you simply tap a foot with your hands in your pockets? What about the singing part? Do you sing at the top of your lungs with your favorite artist? Or quietly so that you can hear your favorite artist?
So many choices while being surrounded by a bunch of strangers, but recently at the Matt Wertz concert, I chose to let it go! It was so much fun! It was at the smallest venue I have ever seen, Kilby Court. Seriously, even Matt Wertz said that the venue gave a whole new meaning to "garage band" since it is literally a garage that they were playing in. It was the coolest thing to be that close to one of my favorite artists.
Matt Wertz at the Mic and Ben Rector at the Keyboard |
Ben Rector opened for him and he is also one of my favorites so it was a win-win concert.
Ben Rector |
Show over, but still wanting more! |
If you don't know who Ben Rector or Matt Wertz are, let me know and I will get you some songs to start with. You will not be disappointed!






5 comments:
I have never been to Kilby court before, but I had heard that it was small... now I know... it's really small! That was such a fun concert :) I think Ben Rector has the coolest voice - and Matt Wertz was pretty great too! Since YOU are my iTunes, I will be needing more music from these guys :) Just sayin...
p.s. The pictures are awesome - except I'm sad the one with Ben turned out so dark...
Thank you for letting me come along. It was a fantasic concert!!
And, just my opinion, you acted liked you were at a concert. In fact, I think it would be weird if you *didn't* sway and sing along. I mean... I do. Is that weird? I think not.
Please tell me which songs I need to listen to and find to download. You don't even have to stop with these two artists...really I am in need of some new music. Hopefully it is not as depressing as Adele, which I am super jealous that you are going to her concert. I am still not emotionally stable enough to listen to her whole CD without shedding at least one tear.
Post a Comment