Sunday, January 31, 2010

#10 Learn to cook, then cook dinner for friends... Check!

This weekend, my "womb to tomb" friend, Katherine, taught me how to cook Stuffed Acorn Squash with Asparagus

(Maybe a little too stuffed, you can't see the squash...)

and for dessert, Whipped Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes!

(Is your mouth watering? It should be..)

It was a little rough, but I think overall it went pretty good only after Katherine said under her breath that she didn't know the level she would be working with, which refered to my low level of cooking knowledge which is somewhere BEFORE beginner if such a place exists:)

No one ended up dead so, I guess it was pretty good, although it was touch and go for a minute with Katherine at one point, but I blame that on her just having a baby.... Anyway, 1 goal down and 29 to go... Thanks Katherine and everyone for eating with smiles on their faces!

PS I have Cupcakes still if you want one just stop by!! I can't eat them all by myself!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey now, the only real trouble we had was your reading skills... :) It was good to see you, maybe next time we get together I will be a little less spastic. Maybe.

Kaylyn said...

I so wish I could have been there! You and Katherine cooking together is an experience I can only imagine would be hilarious in every way. I want a cupcake, want to mail it to me?

Valerie said...

Sounds like an adventure! But the food looks delicious - wish I was in Bountiful to get one of those cupcakes : )

Shiv said...

Super de-lish food with delightful company! That's what I call good times!

Tarika said...

I'm a little sad that I didn't get to try these delicious looking cupcakes and can I get those recipes? They look divine! :) Good job Steve!

Laura said...

Wow, can I get the recipes for those? They look amazing!