Are you ready for this!? While running is a challenge by itself, I thought that I would throw a slight twist into the distance challenge... So here is the first of several twists to come. Before I tell you what the first twist is, I should probably tell you that ALL TWISTS ARE OPTIONAL, but I should also say that those of you who are behind in mileage should welcome these twists as they could possibly save you from coming in last place...Okay so here is the twist, I want you to run/walk a 5K, which is 3.1 miles! Below you will find a bunch of races that are coming up soon! If you click on the race below it will take you to a page that has all the information that you will need to sign up for ONE. If you don't find a race nearby or on a day that works for you, check out http://www.active.com/ and there is a place to put your zip code and it will give all the races that are in your neck of the woods.
To make sure that you don't cheat (Not that I think you would cheat, but there is nothing wrong with taking precaution...) I will need proof that you participated in the 5K. I will need a picture and I want to know which race you will be doing prior to doing it because I might make a surprise visit to see you cross the finish line....
Let me repeat... this is OPTIONAL, but believe me, I will make it worth your while and I think it will shake this competition right up!! Hopefully with these twists, it will be anybodys game so don't give up and keep on racking up that mileage!!
8 comments:
I think I forgot to post last week too...
2 weeks ago 6 miles
last week 8 miles
23 this week, my stupid knee injury is slowing me way down!!!
7.75 miles this week
Bryn - 11 miles, Dustin - 5 miles
Hey Steve! I got 31 miles this past week. It's getting tougher since it is getting so hot! Yesterday I am pretty that people at the gym were staring because I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower with my clothes on because I was sweating so much. :( Gross...
Only 4 for me - the flu hit our house this week
I can almost hear your evil cackle...
Time for Andy to get all caught up...
May 30-June 6... 9 miles
June 7-June 13... 20.5 miles
June 14-June 20... 11 miles
June 21-June 27... 18 miles
Post a Comment