I think life read my post about change and decided to test my conviction of "change is good..." because just about everything has changed since that last post. Did I pass you ask... let's just say I am at about a C-, which, in my book, is just barely passing:) Let's start with school, shall we? Due to an error made by my advisor at the "U," I will no longer be graduating in the Fall... isn't that fantastic! (Note the sarcasm on the verge of tears..) She, my dumb advisor, had me signed up for this upper division 3670 class in the Summer and I have to take this class before my Final 4900 class in the Fall, but guess what class will not be offered in the Summer? You guessed it, the 3670 class... I have been trying to find some way around it, but, alas, there isn't, but now I get to take the Summer off and play! Or work... which leads me to my next test of change.Suddenly, with the economy doing, whatever it is doing, work has been a downer... As most of you know I work in a laboratory and being a lab analyst, we are the ones doing all of the testing, therefore, we are the ones who get the boot first if we screw up. Don't worry, I haven't been fired yet, but I have already been yelled (he doesn't really yell, it's more of verbal abuse and you hate yourself after) at twice by Dr. Nelson, of Nelson Laboratories, since February... Isn't that awesome! (Note the sarcasm here as well..) But what can ya do right?
The last change is Daylight Savings, which I realize that everyone has gone through this change, but seriously, where did my energy go? I guess waking up at 5 AM is more like 4 AM, right? Anyway, I hate it.
Looking on the bright side after all of this... My parents want to leave on a mission in November so, not having school this Summer will actually be a positive thing. I will be able to go on the family vacations and such and just enjoy the Summer! I am actually really excited! Even though Dr. Nelson is on my list, I still love my job and there is nothing like going to work and seeing people that you really respect and being able to put your brain to work. Everyday we get some new drug or medical device that we have to figure out how to test, there is nothing ordinary about my job. Change is good, but it's not always easy and I am still not sure if I really like it, but for right now I am happy with a C-. At least I have a lot of room for improvement:)
2 comments:
Cheer up Charlie! At least you're awesome. :)
I love that despite your downers you always end on a happy note! Chin up, the good changes will come.
Post a Comment