
I went to California last week for my Fall Break from the U of U and of course, we had to hit a little Disneyland, but this time I was able to pick up an even more magical experience by going to see the broadway play of Wicked! I unfortunately did not take any pictures, but it was great and who knew that magic could be had outside the wonderful world of Disney?!! I had an interesting experience during intermission though... While buying 7 dollar water (it must have been rare Scandinavian water or something...) to my surprise I see Michael Johns (or John I can't remember...) from last seasons American Idol.. (He was the Ausi if that rings a bell with any of you...) So, I calmly said to him, "I like your voice..." turned around got my million dollar water and left... Sometimes I think I must of had a stroke somewhere in my lifetime and no one bothered to tell me because that was a stupid thing to say... Like he hasn't heard that one before...
As if that wasn't enough culture in one lifetime, meeting Michael John(s) and seeing Wicked, I was able to go to Madame Butterfly yesterday at the Capital Theatre with friends! An Opera! I have never been to one in my life and I thought I was going to hate it, but guess what... I liked it a lot! There was one point where she was waiting and waiting and waiting and I thought, "Alright! We get the point! She waited a long time for her husband to come back!" But other than that I was pleasently surprised! So there you have it... A Broadway Musical and an Opera in one month! A month of culture, I guess you could say...
P.S. I am turning 25 on the 25th! I am so friggin old... at least I got culture?
5 comments:
You are so cultured! Pretty soon you are going to be going to art galleries, poetry readings, etc. You are the new Renaissance Man!
I will be talking to you tomorrow on your birfday.
Keep up the good work - it's not easy getting culture, but you seem to be doing a fine job of it lately!
I hope 25 is your best year yet!
Love ya :)
NOTHING TO BLOG ABOUT?!?!? are you crazy?! sorry to shout, but let's be serious! ok. let's get started. wicked. can't wait to talk to you more about this. i LOVE that show...you know its coming to slc, right??? and thank you for saying you liked that guys voice. no clue who he is, but you better believe i laughed outloud when i read the awkwardness of that moment. opera. love it. i've always wanted to go. and last but not least...so sad i'm not going to be there for the GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!!!! please let me make it up to you last week. i am officially asking you out on a hot birthday date next week.
ps...thank you for texting me to let me know you updated your blog and to "get off your back". great. and you are welcome for this extra long comment. :)
I think the culture is only beginning... ;)
I took your threat very seriously. I don't ever want you to angrily poke your finger at me again.
Check my blog.
okay, this is a little freaky. two culture-y things in such a short amount of time. Are you okay?
Post a Comment