Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Spudman!

(Showing off our time clicker things that told us how fast we did each leg of the race.)

We did it! We did the Spudman Triathlon! After a mile swim, 26 mile bike ride and a 6.5 mile run we lived to tell you that we will probably have to do it again next year! My brother-in-law, and two sisters and I set out on an interesting adventure with this triathlon and all of us ended up having a great time!
Here are some pics and they are hilarious!

(The swim...by far the most scary part of the race, but we did it!)

(Me finishing the 26 mile bike ride and a looking a little tired... not good!)

(Me sprinting to the end of the race trying to pass up as many people as I could! Notice the large hill behind me... not a great way to end the race since my legs were like jell-o...)

(After the race and now partially handicap...)

Hopefully next year we won't be so nervous and maybe in a little better shape...

5 comments:

Andrew said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! i'm so impressed.. honestly.. i couldn't do it!! you're amazing!

Kaylyn said...

I am SO proud of all of you! That is incredibly cool and I am clapping for all of you across the country..he he. Kris, Kathy, Steve and Steve, my new heroes!!

Gregory said...

You are CRAZY, but we are so proud of our little boy...
Maybe if I get my rear in gear I might think of doing it next year myself...JUST A THOUGHT!
HOLY COW!

The Thompson Family said...

Way to go Steve. I have to give you props. Thor and I were going to do a mini triathlon once but we never got around to doing it. That is truly awesome.

weston'smommy said...

Wow! Way to go that is awesome. I wish I could say that I was in shape enough to do that. What an accomplishment!