So, some people did not know that I am "training" for a triathlon in July in Idaho. I put training in quotations because it isn't exactly training when you don't work out, you help yourself to all the pizza you can eat, all the soda you can, and top it off with some Ben and Jerrys after... and don't work out, did I mention that already? Anyway so, I finally borrowed my brother-in-laws bike the other day and decided to take it for a spin...Ridiculous... Let's just say that I have a lot of training to do.. (Notice no quotations around training means actual training...) But the bike is not what scares me the most, it is the fact that I will be swimming like a bat out of hell with a thousand of other people! I don't care what they say, I will sink faster than that rescue boat and save me.. So as I begin to train for the "Spudman" feel free to eat all the sweets you want in my honor because I sure am going to miss them.. What was I thinking!?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Triathlon Training..ugh
So, some people did not know that I am "training" for a triathlon in July in Idaho. I put training in quotations because it isn't exactly training when you don't work out, you help yourself to all the pizza you can eat, all the soda you can, and top it off with some Ben and Jerrys after... and don't work out, did I mention that already? Anyway so, I finally borrowed my brother-in-laws bike the other day and decided to take it for a spin...Ridiculous... Let's just say that I have a lot of training to do.. (Notice no quotations around training means actual training...) But the bike is not what scares me the most, it is the fact that I will be swimming like a bat out of hell with a thousand of other people! I don't care what they say, I will sink faster than that rescue boat and save me.. So as I begin to train for the "Spudman" feel free to eat all the sweets you want in my honor because I sure am going to miss them.. What was I thinking!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You can do it! Except for the whole bike-with-no-wheels thing, or whatever was happening in your car last week. Since you've given up sweets...don't try the snickers ice-cream bars. I think they're heavenly, but you'll be wanting to avoid eating any :) Love ya :)
Look at you go, nice job!
You were probably thinking that a triathalon sounded like fun, and it would be a good way to get in shape. But still, you are crazy. Oh, and if do start to sink while swimming, grab on to the nearest leg and take someone down with you...
I'm all for Katherine's idea to take someone down with you!! How is the training going?
Post a Comment