A couple years ago my dad thought it would be "cute" to buy little bunnies for our annual Easter party at my sisters house. It was a brilliant plan... The grandkids would fall madly in love with these fluffy, adorable creatures, making it nearly impossible for my siblings to say "no" to keeping them and my dad, mom and I would go home scott-freaking-bunny-free! The plan was unknowingly flawed. Every ONE of those stinking bunnies came home with my parents and I to take care of... FAIL. Well, it didn't stop there. Those bunnies grew up fast and made more bunnies and more bunnies and more bunnies until it became a problem... A problem that only a far away "farm" could correct.. See how this Easter tale just turned dark.. well, I lived it and it was no picnic. I will never have one of those rodents again.. well, never is a little harsh... they ARE really cute.. So, let that be a warning to you.. not only humans make babies.
| Evidence of the fluff-balls. |
Where was I? Oh, that's right! The Lord is Risen and Easter is a great time to reflect on more than bunnies and those amazing Cadbury Eggs that melt in your mouth... It is a time to remember that the Lord surrendered Himself to our Heavenly Father so that each one of us could rise again. Perfected and Glorified. Yet again, GOOD NEWS!
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(1 Corinthians 15:19-22)
The Resurrection gives us Hope and it is my prayer that we never give up hope. Hope in the Lord. Hope in the people around us. Hope in ourselves to become better and more Christ-like. Have a happy Easter and stick with candy and hard boiled eggs this Easter rather than fluffy rodents, trust me, you'll thank me later.
3 comments:
I attempted to have a bunny twice last year. One of them ran away after a week and the other died after like two days. I decided I am not cut out for the whole bunny thing. But I do love Easter! I am in Utah right now, so we should play!
You gave bunnies and not lambs? hahaha... PS- I was in Bountiful last night and thought about calling you but Netflix has you hostage apparently b/c you're MIA. Have an amazing Easter my friend. Love yer stinkin' guts.
We should play Killer Bunnies... That's the best way to get cute little bunnies out of your system!
Post a Comment