Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My pledge to you.. whoever "you" are...

I have decided that I am going to blog more... It seems like every time I am about to blog about something FUNNAY I am reminded of the words from the movie Easy A when they are discussing how everyone posts every insignificant thought in a Facebook status and Mr. Griffith says, "I don't know what your generation's fascination is with documenting your every thought...but I can assure you, they're not all diamonds. "Roman is having an OK day, and bought a Coke Zero at the gas station. Raise the roof." Who gives a rat's ass?" (PS when quoting a swear word, it’s not swearing.. that's the truth)

So, needless to say I have been hesitant to post because who cares about what I have to say? I can assure you that not all of my thoughts are going to be diamonds, but they still could possibly rock your world...

If you know me at all or have had the pleasure of conversing with me in person, you will know the basics about me: I love the Lord Jesus, I love a cold Mountain Dew and a good cuss word here and there, I love reality tv (which is turning into more of an addiction, if you must know), I love music to the point that iTunes possibly owns half of my soul (I believe I may be addicted to this as well…), I love movies, and I’m not a writer, though I did write a book once in elementary school about a diamond thief, entitled The Diamond Thief, it was the logical title… and have been musing ever since, cue this blog.

So, I pledge to you, my loyal readers, that I will write the heck out of this blog from now on even if most of my thoughts are cheap, plastic diamonds…

8 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Steve, I love you. I laughed several times while reading this post and I just really like you. I loved that movie quote and laughed when I watched the movie (a lot actually, very funny show). And, I totally remember that book you made. Bestseller material if you ask me.

Vicki said...

Lamb, you make me laugh! I look forward to reading your blog each time you write. So hop to it! And definitely continue to share music. I love listening to the songs you post.

Tarika said...

I personally love cheap, plastic diamonds, they don't sparkle like the real deal, but they shine neverless!

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

Wahoo! More blogging! I love it.

Laura said...

Yay! It's another blogpost! I'm excited you are going to do that more often. I don't remember the book you made in elementary school but I'm sure it was fabulous. You are a great and funny writer; have you ever considered writing your own memoir? You could call it... well... "A Lamb's Life" and you would sell hundreds, nay, millions of copies!

Megan said...

I'd buy one...A memoir, that is. I think you're a gem, Steve. Seriously. And what's the deal with diamonds anyway? :)

Bethany said...

well well well. welcome back. its this kind of material that lands you on the love my friends list. quoting curse words from trashy movies? count me in.

ps i need to update my ipod.
pss. cant wait for epic weekend
psss i think i owe you bit time in comments, so prepare to get your ___'s smashed. (i was not quoting a movie, so i thought it best to edit)

Desiree' said...

YAY!!! It is SO good to read your blog again. I'm glad you're back to blogging. I think you're HI-larious and cannot wait for more. PS. It sounds like I need to see Easy A.