Tuesday, December 28, 2010

20:10 Update/2011 Mantra

At the beginning of the year, I set out to accomplish several mini-goals (see above "pages" on explanation and goals) to ultimately fulfil my 2010 mantra which is:

Making a difference in
Others,
Makes a difference in
You.

Well, I wish I could say that I accomplished all my mini-goals and that my life has changed completely, but I can't because I didn't finish all my goals and I don't feel like I have changed all that much... I really have no idea what happened this year, but time slipped by me and as a result, I failed at life this year... BUT don't fret! There still is hope!

I will be carrying most of my mini-goals over to 2011 (yikes!) and I will continue to try to make a difference in others. If there is one thing that I have learned throughout this year, it is that I tend to complicate things.. So, my 2011 mantra is inspired by the one and only Albert Einstein who said,

"Out of clutter find simplicity, from discord find harmony, [and] in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

2011 Mantra
Refine.
Reassure.
Reevaluate.
Repeat.

Refine - remove clutter.
Reassure - restore confidence/finding harmony with others and yourself.
Reevaluate - you better check yourself before you wreck yourself...
Repeat - Continuing the cycle of refinement, reassurance and reevaluation will uncover a more simple, pure and true you and help you find opportunity in difficulty.

Though I may have failed at the goals I planned for myself in 2010, I am moving forward to 2011 with a new perspective on things and I am not giving up! How did you do on your goals this year? What were some of the goals you set for yourself? What are some goals that you are setting for yourself in 2011? Let me know.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Emily said...

How do you come up with this stuff?? Seriously, you could write a motivational how-to-set-goals book.

Shiv said...

You didn't fail! You may not have accomplished everything on your list, but life is busy and sometimes there just isn't time for everything. You accomplished a lot this year and you are and will continue to be an inspiration to me!

Laura said...

Not so much a failure but a learning experience. You had difficult goals, and sometimes other goals and priorities take precedence. I'm sure you did great (not that I really know considering I haven't seen you in forever and I live a million miles away, but I know you and I think you are great).

All that said, I agree with the above comment and I think that you should use all your mantras and write some sort of motivational book. I would buy it!

Tarika said...

Steve,

I would hardly say that you failed at life this year...goals are there to keep us going. And it doesn't sound like you just totally gave up. Think of all of the other mini goals that you accomlished that were not on that list. Sometimes other priorities just seem to pop up. I think that you are aweseome to even make goals...I still have not made any goals for this year, so you are far ahead of the rest of us the slackers like myself.

kk said...

I, for one, feel that you made a difference in my life and thus fulfilled your goal. Thank you for flying across the country to clean my house and help me make a turkey (oh and lifting my spirits). Thank you for run/walking a 5k with your pregnant sister! Ps you also made a difference in the life of my son who continues, unprompted, to pray for you every night.