Summer is finally over and you know what that means.... School is back! I have only been in school for one week and I have already made a fool of myself. First of all my classes are all over the place! My first class isn't even on campus and then my next class is all the way at the other end of campus. Then after that I am all the way back up to the top of campus!! Needless to say I am a sweaty mess by the time I get to any of my classes and by the end of the semester I will either be thin or dead! So in my physical delierium I go to one of my classes, so I think, and I sit down and start making some friends around me. Our professor had told us earlier that we would have a lady teaching us for the week because he would be out of town. So this lady starts setting her stuff up for class and I think nothing of it until she starts talking about assignment due and quizes and all sorts of stuff that I was not aware of. I queitly took out my schedule and what do I find out? That my class is in the same room, but an hour later! So here I am front and center of the class and I have to pretend for and hour that I am taking notes and enjoying the class..
The embarrassing part is that the majority of those people I was making friends with are in my next class so, thats going to be awkward when they ask me why I stopped coming to class...
Anyway, this semester is packed with 17 credits of science and either that or walking 80 miles (rough estimate...) to get to my classes might be the death of me, but we will have to see how things go:)
Good luck to those of you back in school or starting this coming week! I hope everything goes well and hopefully you get to all of the right classes:)
7 comments:
Well, if you makes you feel any better, its only the first week of class and I have been in the library doing homework for the last seven hours and I am still here.....sad face.
School is fun! At least we have Prison Break to get us through it all...
you should have pretended you had to go the bathroom or something...thank you for sitting through the WHOLE CLASS!! I laughed...out loud. Not at you of course, with you. You should get one of those step counter things...80 miles sounds a little shady :)
You are a trooper! I love that you were sitting front and center, and that you were already making friends! This is just one of the many reasons I am glad not to be in school right now. Good luck with getting every where you need to be - and good luck not dying!!
Oh dear and I thought that my school experience was a disaster...you beat me! You win! I don't have to walk any where near 80 miles, but I do have to drive about that to walk up and down a big hill too. Who was the wise guy that thought it would be a great idea to put a campus on the side of the mountain...I say we find him and make a valid attempt at shooting him! Good luck with this semester!
Poor Steve I so don't miss having classes on opposite ends of the campus. It gets worse when its rainy and snowy. Good luck while your hopefully sitting in the right class think of me molding future U of U students. HA!!!!
I can't say that I can completely understand your school predicament but I somewhat empathize. I, too, have to hike to get to my classes and feel a bit whelmed by school.
Post a Comment