
So, between school, work, teaching guitar, homework and repeating that day after day I find it necessary to find simple joys in life in order for my motivation and sanity to stay at its maximum... Unfortunately I have found a horrible and yet delicious addiction that brings me joy.... Wendy's Breakfast!
It takes me approximately 10 minutes from the U of U campus if the street lights are just right to get me to my greasy heaven. I know this, of course, because if it takes me any longer I have to sacrifice a little bit of class time, which is where the "addiction" part comes into the equation... I would gladly miss class for Wendy's Breakfast! (I just gasped a little as I said it!)
Anyway, it has come to the point where I may need intervention. I have taken to speaking in different voices into the intercom to order my #3 "The Big Breakfast Sandwich" which is an egg, cheese, sausage, bacon, hamburger bun sandwich delight! (Delight, Heart Attack, Tomato, Tomaaato.. whatever)I have also stooped to taking off my glasses, or messing up my hair just to look different to the same Hispanic lady, Rita (Pronounced with a roll of the tongue on the "R" and a little flem to back it up), who takes my credit card with a gansta grill smile each time I pull up to that second window... ahhh, she is one classy lady... While eating this breakfast feast, your stomach tells you "no," but you just can't resist. After you eat it, you feel a little sick or your back might start hurting, maybe because of the high amounts of sodium or the high amounts of calories that are found within each bit, but after a quick nap (or after you pass out...) all is well again and the day can begin its monotonous routine.
So, there you have it... I am not proud... But I thought I would confess and let you know of the internal battle that occurs within me every morning before 10:00 AM... Recently, I have been better and I am sure that the Breakfast Craze will soon fade away, but for now know that I am still on that road to recovery and don't be suprised if the next time you see me I am 400 lbs heavier...
4 comments:
hee hee! Love that you are blog stalking me! Now I will return the favor...
thanks for the input. I think I have made my decision that being set up by someone's mother was a big sign to begin with!
I had this exact same blog layout until last week...but you probably already know that :)
If this is confession #1, does that mean more confessions are coming? I can hardly stand to think of what else you could confess to? Late night snacking at Del Taco, perhaps?
Just so you know, I had to try the Big Breakfast Sandwich after I heard you talking about it...and I would try it again...and again...even though all the symptoms you describe are true!
Ohh, can't wait to hear the other confessions...will be have an insight into the dark side of Steve? I hope so.
That was hilarious to read. I hope Rita know how much you think of her. LOL! You make me laugh.
Post a Comment