Sunday, August 23, 2009

Post Mileage (16 - 22), Helping Change and the Final Twist...

I loved this comic because #1 the dogs face looking at the giant pill blocking the kitchen door and #2 I think it is a perfect representation of what people are doing to avoid exercise and a healthy diet. Most people love the easy way out including myself, I will be the first to admit it, but with exercise there is no easy way out that will LAST... So what do we do? We need to change our thinking and attitude towards exercise and dieting. Instead of thinking, "Ugh I have to go exercise and ugh, I have to eat vegies," start thinking, "I get to exercise! I get to relieve stress! I get to do something for myself for once! I get to feel better than I ever have!" and I believe avoiding exercise and a healthy diet won't be an option. So, here is the final Twist of the Summer Distance Challenge... and I would say this is more of a gamble than a twist, but here it goes... Below are all of your Personal Bests:

Best / 10%
Kristin - 39.5 / 43.45
Tarika - 36.5 / 40.15
Megs - 26 / 28.6
Ryan - 27.5 / 30.25
Cindi - 20 / 22
Shayla - 12 / 13.2
Andrew - 20.5 / 22.55
Elise - 7 / 7.07
Siobhan - 11.5 / 12.65
Courtney - 38 / 41.8
Paige - 18 / 19.8
Brynna - 11 / 12.1
Dustin - 8 / 8.08
Toni - 16 / 17.6

If you believe that you can beat your personal best by 10% (the larger number), and you feel daring, wager any part or all of your total mileage to be doubled and then added to your final mileage, along with your mileage for this week. The catch is this... If you DO NOT beat your personal best by 10% and you have wagered mileage, that mileage that you have wagered will be subtracted from your total mileage. See what I mean about a gamble rather than a twist? To make things interesting I want you to e-mail me your wagers, DO NOT POST YOUR WAGERS! This way only you and I will know what this gamble can do to your position in the competition.

Like I said before this won't be easy, but it will definetly make or break your standing in this competition. For some of you the game is close so be wise with this twist...


Tarika is the first to help out her parents become a little more fit! Awesome Tarika! Keep track of them and give us updates when you can;) Be sure to post your mileage for last week and send me your wagers and questions if you have them ASAP. Good luck and next Monday one of you could be sent $220 in the mail:) Is that motivation or what!?

3 comments:

Shayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayla said...

12

Tarika said...

38 miles for me.