Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another Twist in the Challenge!

By now, all of your bodies are more than likely exhausted and ready to quit, but I have learned that pain reminds us of where we have been and where we want to be. Think of it this way, would you rather have a little pain here and there now or would you rather have a lot of pain later in life from a heart attack or cardiovascular disease because you CHOSE not to be active when you were young? When you put things into that perspective it is inspiring to push harder and to help others come to be physically active NOW!
So, this is exactly what our Third Twist will be focused on, helping others to become more physically active. So here it is... I want you to find a friend that normally does NOT exercise and I want you to invite them to run/walk with you for at least three times. If you are a die hard runner, you will have to take it down a bit so you don't kill your friend, but remember there are always rewards for doing these twists and I promise you it will make up for the miles that you may have lost by helping out a friend. So, in order to get extra mileage you must:

1. Have it completed before August 31st
2. Have taken a photo of you and your friend running/walking together
3. Post your mileage along with your friends mileage

Exercise is important, though most of us dislike it, it makes us happier, healthier and more confident. Why wouldn't you want to help someone else feel that way? So, everytime you feel those shins screamng or those lungs burning, you are literally one step closer to being fit and several steps further from disease! Now go and help someone!

PS If you cheat on this Twist, you are the devil...
PSS The idea is to get your friend to LIKE exercise NOT hate it, so try to be nice:)

2 comments:

Tarika said...

This is no good for someone who doesn't have any friends...yes I just admitted it. I have no friends.

Geez.

Christina said...

If I lived closer to Utah, I could be "that" friend for someone. It's sad how much I DON'T exercise. I think it is amazing you motivate yourself and others this way!